Many people hope to make a difference in the world and helping someone regain their hearing is one of the greatest ways to impact a life. That is why the Heroes of Hearing has chosen to recognize the Global Foundation For Children With Hearing Loss as our personal hearing heroes.
Childhood Hearing Loss In Underdeveloped Nations
In underdeveloped nations where the daily struggle to survive is great, medical needs such as hearing loss often go unaddressed. Paige Stringer, founder and executive director the Global Foundation For Children With Hearing Loss, saw this lack and was deeply affected. As someone who was born with profound hearing loss which was treated when she was a child, she wanted to provide hearing assistance to less privileged children living in underdeveloped countries.
This organization’s focuses on three key elements to fulfill their mission of providing hearing assistance to children in developing countries:
- Early identification of hearing loss so treatment can be provided
- Access to necessary hearing technology
- Support and training for local professionals
Global Foundation For Children With Hearing Loss Projects
Since their founding in 2009, the Global Foundation For Children With Hearing Loss has engaged in a number of projects in Vietnam and Mongolia. Some of these projects have been:
- Providing high-quality hearing aids to support children’s hearing needs.
- Training programs which cover such topics as speech pathology, pediatric audiology, early hearing intervention, and auditory-verbal practice.
- Developed hearing health and educational program so newborn and childhood hearing loss can be identified.
- Consulting with local professionals via video conference.
- Developing regional hearing education centers where children with hearing loss can be supported and learn.
This organization also works to raise awareness in the countries it operates in, as hearing loss is not often recognized in young children in time for a timely intervention. Their work has been recognized by many notables in the hearing services community, such as Oticon, Hear The World Foundation, ReSound, Alexander Graham Bell Association, Phonak, and more.
Local Hearing Specialist For Tucson, AZ
We greatly admire hearing pioneers who have dedicated their lives to providing hearing resources to those who need them. In our corner of the world, our hearing specialist has dedicated himself to his local community.
By staying educated on the latest hearing advancements, the Heroes of Hearing can provide the best hearing services for those struggling with hearing loss. Contact us to make an appointment and allow us to help you take control of your hearing again.